Subject: Re: LKM on evbarm
To: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@buzzard.freeserve.co.uk>
From: Steve Woodford <scw@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 11/19/2003 13:10:04
On Wednesday 19 November 2003 1:36 am, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

> I assume you are aware that Steve Woodford recently committed lkm
> support for arm on -current.  I haven't tried it myself yet, but I
> would assume that he wouldn't have committed it if it wasn't at least
> mostly functional.

It was tested up to the point where modload(8) causes ld(1) to spit out
an internal error:

verde# modload -n nullfs.o
ld: internal error: aborting at
/export/build/evbarm/gnu/dist/toolchain/ld/ldlang.c line 3847 in
lang_place_orphans
ld: please report this bug
modload: can't prelink `nullfs.o' creating `nullfs'

I ran out of time to figure out what the problem is, but it also happens
with older lkm binaries...

Cheers, Steve