Subject: Issues with new i2c framework on acorn32 and acorn26
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm
Date: 10/04/2003 18:08:55
As I've already reported on current-users the new i2c framework has
broken the acorn32 port kernels. On digging a bit deeper it appears that
the acorn26 port is also broken but in a different way.

On acorn32 the new i2c framework conflicts with the port specific code
in sys/arch/arm/iomd/
This means that it is impossible to configure a usable kernel on this
device.

On acorn26 when the conversion to the new i2c framework it appears that
a file has not been committed. sys/arch/acorn26/conf/files.acorn26
declares that the ioc i2c support is in a file called
sys/arch/acorn26/ioc/iociic.c which does not appear in CVS.

I may be able to resolve the i2c issue for acorn32 but if the acorn26
support was complete it would probably make a better starting point than
the current source tree state.

Mike