Subject: nbmakefs of evbarm
To: None <port-arm@NetBSD.org>
From: Hsu, Cheng-Hsin (Cheng-Hsin) <chs@lucent.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 09/03/2003 09:57:55
All,

	I'm using a custom borad with IXP1200.
	1) In order to mount a ramdisk as root; I use "nbmakefs -t ffs -B be ramdisk.fs dir" to create my image, and use "armeb--netbsdelf-mdsetimage -sv netbsd ramdisk.fs" to plugin my ramdisk. However, without setting LDSTATIC=-static, the kernel always complains there is no file system at md0. (With statical linking, the file system is recognized)...
	2) I use evbarm+armeb to build my NetBSD. However, the console output was still in wrong endiness. I explicitly set the processor into big endian mode at the beginning of entry point, and it worked until ramdisk mounting. It appears that all the utilities I compiled are still in wrond endiness in terms of printf output....
	Did I overlook anything?

Thanks,
Bear.