Subject: merging majors.xxx files
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@dokein.co.uk>
List: port-arm
Date: 07/27/2003 15:52:33
Hi,

Would anyone object if I merged all the major dev numbers together for
the arm32 derived ports?

It seems that currently we've got:
arm/conf/majors.arm32 - used by most of the arm ports, IE evbarm, cats,
netwinder, hpcarm
shark/conf/majors.shark - used by shark
acorn32/conf/majors.acorn32 - used by acorn32

however at some point we've gained some devices in different order to
other files, eg ksyms is now dev 105 on arm32, while it's 86 on shark
and acorn32.  (note that the numbers below about 70 are mostly the same

My main reason is to make maintenance easier, it also means that we can
have a common MAKEDEV file (actually probably port dependant MAKEDEV
that also . includes a common MAKEDEV.arm32

Is it worth the effort and causing a flag day on shark and acorn32?

Chris