Subject: Re: Xscale panic on prefetch abort handler
To: Jaw-Shiang Joshua Huang <joshuah@synology.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 06/26/2003 00:50:00
On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 07:30:07PM +0800, Jaw-Shiang Joshua Huang wrote:
> The pci intr map seems wrong.

As Jason mentioned, this is due to the switch settings on the board.
Reverse all four switches on S4D1 so that they are (from top to bottom)
Right (off), Left, Right, Left.

> I want to boot NetBSD on Xscale and try to mount root on the disk
> because the Xscale MB seems with a bad network controller.  In
> Redboot prompt command, it cannot ping successfully, even ping itself.

Ouch.  Does the ethernet work OK without the PCI IDE controller in
place?  Or does it fail the same way?  What are you running the board
in?  A PC, or a backplane?

-allen

 Wasabi Systems, Inc.             http://www.wasabisystems.com/