Subject: Configuration items...
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: John Clark <j1clark@ucsd.edu>
List: port-arm
Date: 06/18/2003 22:36:54
I'm finishing up the minor mods to IQ80321 I need for my new board.

However, in the IQ80321 config file there's a line which sets up the
comm port interrupt. I need to have that interrupt associated with
the HPI interrupt on the Verde chip.

I 'fixed' it by the following 'xint 5' rather than the 'xint 1' for the
iq80321.

The question is: how does one change the parsing of 'xint' to 'hpi',
or both.

Further, since it is the HPI interrupt, this is unmaskable and I need
to disable any interrupt enabling until the serial port driver ISR has
handled the interrupt. In the linux port I just didn't enable interrupts
until I finished.

Is there some similar point where interrupts are disabled until the
comm isr is done?

(And PS, don't answer with 'well you shouldn't use the HPI for this...
that battle been fought, and all I can say is that the comm port is
almost
never used in normal operations, so the fact that it is high priority
will not impact anything else 99.9999% of the time.)

Thanks
John Clark