Subject: Re: excuse the incorrect name
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Maciuszonek Artur <flying_wookie@shaw.ca>
List: port-arm
Date: 05/06/2003 23:54:05
Please be kind enough to update this e-mail address to
flying_wookie@shaw.ca as the response to the thread.

Thank You

Artur M.

Dear Arthur,

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 05:11:02PM -0500, Tara Lee Procter wrote:
> Hello, my name is Arthur (not Tara) :)  I was wondering where I may find
> more information on using NetBSDs ARM port to run it on the Cirrus Logic
> EP7312 or the CS89712(ethernet)?   It is the ARM 720T core with a bunch or
> peripherals on the chip..  I have been searching the internet for more
> information, how-to's, but now luck.  Would you be kind enough to point me
> in the right direction?  I would probably be cross compiling on a i386
> architecture to the ARM.

Hmm... i am not familiar with the EP or CD chips you mention but it being
an ARM 720T core gives hope! I've relayed it on the more general
port-arm@netbsd.org mailing list for the ARM ports are devided up into
Acorn32, Shark, hand held devices and expirimental boards.

The ARM7 core and esp. the ARM710 is fully supported so porting might be
easy since it mainly is writing your own startup-code (aka like
src/sys/arch/acorn32/acorn32/rpc_machdep.c) and provide device drivers for
the build in devices you want to use. They are propably allready supported
in one form or another and are either shared with the other ARM ports or
between other ports with chip/bus-drivers (src/dev/ic/, src/dev/pci). If
you have specific questions about porting and supported devices its also
good to also check the evbarm and hpcarm ports pages.

Googling gives me the EP7312 product page ... well it seems like we support
the processor allthough the Thumb instruction set extention is not used in
NetBSD but on the whole it looks very much like a bog standard ARM7. Is it
part of a expirimental board? or some other (propriaty) device?

I hope you are satisfied with this hasty answer and you are lucky for i
allmost saw it as yet another spam :)

Cheers,
Reinoud

---