Subject: Re: Splitting sa1111 support codes.
To: None <bsh@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 04/26/2003 11:19:27
--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

Hello,

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 06:48:32PM +0900, bsh@netbsd.org wrote:

>   I want to modify some files under sys/arch/arm/sa11x0 as in
> following patch, so that common codes can be shared cleanly among
> hpcarm and other platforms that have SA1111 companion chip.

In generally, this sounds right. However, I notice that you don't correct
the mistake of the old NetBSD code that assumes that

SA110y mostly== SA111y

This is not the case, and I suggest that you move away from shared files
unless your reading of the documentation shows you that there really are
shared structures. At least in new files.

(Well, if this is doable easily at the same time.)

I (or Uwe) will do this one day anyway for SA1100/01 support. E.g., some
HPCARM are SA1100 based. So it would save us effort if it was done right
now.

Regards,
	-is

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/