Subject: Re: 1.6.1 lack of stability on cats
To: None <Richard.Earnshaw@arm.com, rearnsha@arm.com>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 02/16/2003 15:07:29
Hi,

the mentioned changes were reverted on the release branch on last
Friday night, and the latest releng autobuilds should have the fix in
the release sets.

However, there was also a later change to the gcc compiler to be able
to deal correctly with teTeX and Metafont, and no autobuild has been
made yet with those fixes in.

To hopefully speed up testing, I've cross-compiled releases for cats
and shark on one of my own systems, and they are both available at

  ftp://albatross.urc.uninett.no/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.6.1_RC2/

Testing and feedback would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks to you, Richard, for tracking down these problems!

Best regards,

- H=E5vard