Subject: Re: big endian hpcarm?
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 12/27/2002 11:56:49
On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 01:15:07AM +0100, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:

 > How difficult would it be to rebuild a big endian NetBSD distribution
 > for NetBSD/hpcarm?
 >
 > Is the toolchain able to generate big endian arm code? Should I expect
 > endian trouble in arm MD bits? And what about hpcboot?

The toolchain has some big-endian support in it, and I have used it to build
big-endian kernels for an eval board I'm doing a port to, but it is not well-
tested, and there are likely to be several parts of the NetBSD/arm kernel that
assume little-endian.

Note that if you're using "hpcarm", you're talking about a system designed
to run WinCE, and thus is designed to be little-endian.