Subject: compiler? teTeX package?
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: None <is@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 12/01/2002 17:47:55
--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J

Hi,

I'm running an 1-week-old 1.6 branch snapshot, and I'm unable to build a
working teTeX out of pkgsrc.

- building finished once, but METAFONT would complain about not enough memo=
ry,
  or just crash, building cmbx12's letter "I" (and some other fonts)

- after comparing the mf sources to a trusted source, I decided to rebuild
  the binaries just in case, and found that web2c crashes with SEGV (address
  0x6f72746e). This sounds like "ortn" to me, as in "portnumber", "fortnigh=
t",
  "shortness" etc...

Should I be aware of compiler problems on the branch, or kernel problems th=
at
affect caching/cache synchronization?

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis