Subject: Re: README: Important change to ARM ELF object markings
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-arm
Date: 11/21/2002 18:45:12
>         The only work-around for the problem is to recompile all of
>         the libraries on the system.  The easiest way to do this for
>         system libraries is to install a binary snapshot; there are
>         generally available on releng.netbsd.org.  Any packages you
>         have installed which supply libraries will have to be recompiled
>         if you wish to link new programs against those libraries.

Would it be possible to write a program to trawl the filesystem
and modify the elf header of everthing it sees?

I guess most arm systems are cross built, so the change isn't quite
as fatal if something goes awry during the update.

Maybe you could remove the check from the loader for a while?

	David

(OTOH I don't have an arm system....)

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk