Subject: Re: plan to merge cats and netwinder isa_machdep.c
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-arm
Date: 10/10/2002 01:04:18
In article <20021009094454.6a43a427.chris@dokein.co.uk>
chris@dokein.co.uk wrote:

> I'm thinking of merging the cats and netwinder isa_machdep.c files into one, and placing it under arm/footbridge/isa/

A bit off topic, but does ISA DMA work on these ports?
Last time I tried AHA-1542 and PCnet-ISA on cats,
both of them didn't work at all.

Current _isa_bus_dmamap_load() in footbridge/isa/isadma_machdep.c
returns physical address for ds_addr, but is it really OK for 24bit
ISA bus? And does cats really require bounce-buffer for isadma?

Furthermore, _isa_bus_dmamap_sync() does not handle cache coherency
at all, but it should do like arm/arm32/bus_dma.c.
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp