Subject: Re: a.out binaries under NetBSD 1.6
To: None <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Stefan Wuerthner <stefan.wuerthner@t-online.de>
List: port-arm
Date: 09/11/2002 21:11:00
In message <5.1.1.6.2.20020911114110.01e63dd0@3am-software.com> you wrote:

> At 11:16 AM 9/11/2002, Stefan Wuerthner wrote:
> >In message <Pine.SOL.4.44.0209111849290.27600-100000@draco.cus.cam.ac.uk>
> >you wrote:

> > compile
> > >
> > > COMPAT_AOUT is an evil hack that causes a.out binaries to have a warped
> > > view of the filesystem.  You probably just want EXEC_AOUT (which should
> > > be in all netwinder kernels anyway -- what happens when you try to run
> > > your a.out binaries?).
> >
> >a.out binaries don't find their shared libraries, e.g.
> >
> >netwinder-rm# ncftp2
> >/usr/libexec/ld.so: ncftp2: libposix.so.0.1: No such file or directory
>
> 1.6 does not include the 1.5 a.out libraries so you'll need to get them
> from the 1.5.x release and put them under /emul/aout/usr/lib.  ld.so
> will automagically find them there.

I just found that EXEC_AOUT is indeed already configured in std.netwinder...

Nevertheless, a.out binaries still do not work.

To come back to my example, ncftp2, I now have the relevant library in the
path /emul/aout/usr/lib/, but get the same error as above.

Are there any other 'secrets' involved?

Stefan

Stefan Wuerthner                             web  http://wuerthner.dyndns.org