Subject: Re: Shark again: playing mp3s
To: David Brownlee <abs@formula1.com>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 04/24/2002 14:36:33
On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, David Brownlee wrote:

> 	What are people using to play mp3s in their sharks?
> 	Both mpg123 not mad cannot decode fast enough on my shark
> 	running today's current (compiled with -mcpu=strongarm110).

Anything that uses FP is likely to be slower than it was in 1.5, because
when I arranged for SoftFloat to be shared between all ports I only
imported the 64-bit version.  This turned out to be a mistake since the
32-bit version is quite a lot faster on 32-bit hardware.

If I run out of actual show-stopping bugs to fix, I might get round to
dealing with mere performance issues.

Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26           <URL:http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/acorn26/>