Subject: Re: Serious problems in either gcc or pmap
To: None <Richard.Earnshaw@arm.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 04/22/2002 09:22:09
On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 05:16:06PM +0100, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

 > Can you update gnu/dist/toolchain/config/arm/arm.c to rev 1.5 and rebuild
 > your compiler.
 >
 > Jason, this is probably the problem you were also seeing with the
 > -fomit-frame-pointer stuff.

Actually, some of my -fomit-frame-pointer stuff went away when
I added the APCS_FRAME flag to our target default (per a discussion
with you about that flag).  But now when I look back at my most recent
X build log for Shark, I do see some core dumps (which, for whatever
reason, didn't stop the build??!)

The problem I had with -fomit-frame-pointer originally was show-stopping;
imake would dump core when compiled with it :-)