Subject: Re: acorn32, cats, shark ports switch to ELF
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm
Date: 04/07/2002 00:23:46

> > It should be, yes.  Make sure your a.out libs are in /emul/a.out/usr/lib/...
> > and make sure your ld.so (the a.out version) is up-to-date (anything newer
> > than "serveral months old" should work fine).
> >
> I think I'm okay my ld.so comes from 1.5ZA.

The a.out compatibility works flawlessly once I copied all the dynamic
libraries from /usr/lib and elswhere and I'm now running with the ELF
tree that I built.

> Good plan. I think I'll do some backing up so that I can get back if it all
> goes horribly wrong as well.

I did have to restore sendmail to an a.out binary as the ELF one repeatedly
failed to send mail reporting rewrite problems. This occured both with my
original sendmail.cf and with a new one generated from the same .mc file.
An a.out sendmail from a couple of weeks ago (which reports as the same
version) was perfectly happy with both config files. Anyone got any ideas
what is going on here?

Mike