Subject: Re: acorn32, cats, shark ports switch to ELF
To: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 04/05/2002 10:48:49
On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 07:43:36PM +0100, Mike Pumford wrote:

 > > ELF snapshots for acorn32, cats, and shark will be available shortly,
 > > along with instructions for transitioning your system from a.out to ELF.
 > >
 > Is the library copying specified in the ELF FAQ sufficient to maintain a.out
 > compatibility? I have a lot of a.out packages installed and it will take me a
 > while to update them.

It should be, yes.  Make sure your a.out libs are in /emul/a.out/usr/lib/...
and make sure your ld.so (the a.out version) is up-to-date (anything newer
than "serveral months old" should work fine).

I suggest putting your a.out libs into the emul area first before installing
the ELF userland over the top of your old a.out userland.  That way you can
make sure it'll work out.