Subject: Re: ARM ELF ABI: consensus?
To: None <Richard.Earnshaw@arm.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 04/02/2002 09:04:59
On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

: Yes, I'm happy with this provided that...
:
: tv@wasabisystems.com said:
: > [*] "may", because given our past history with these types of things,
: > we may decide just to keep "our" ABI in the future and be done with it.
:
: ... this is not part of the plan.

There's something to be said for keeping an ABI once a system release is
out.  I cringe at the thought that we're putting out a release at all with
an ABI as screwed as the one we have now, but changing it *yet again* is
bordering on severe annoyance.

Hell, ATPCS isn't even `official' yet.  That's reason enough to me to Pick
an ABI, and then stick with it.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/