Subject: Re: ARM ELF ABI: consensus?
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 03/30/2002 11:06:49
On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

:  > * After the ARM EABI is published, our toolchain conforms to it and our OS
:  >   works when compiled with such a toolchain, we will organise a transition
:  >   to that ABI instead.  The details of this transition will be worked out
:  >   nearer the time.

Will we be making some kind of documented declaration that ARM machines
may[*] have a flag day in the future, causing another binary emulation to
sprout up?

[*] "may", because given our past history with these types of things, we may
    decide just to keep "our" ABI in the future and be done with it.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/