Subject: ARM ELF ABI: consensus?
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 03/28/2002 19:39:07
Everything's gone quiet.  I think that's because we have something
approaching an agreement.  I think that agreement says:

* We define the NetBSD ARM ELF ABI (version 0) to be what GCC emits at the
  moment, perhaps with a thread-local storage register reserved.  This
  should comply with the current published versions of ATPCS and ARMELF,
  but will use un-packed enums.
* This ABI is indicated in ELF files by EI_OSABI == ELFOSABI_NETBSD, and
  EI_ABIVERSION == 0.
* NetBSD/arm ports will be released as part of NetBSD 1.6 using this ABI.

* After the ARM EABI is published, our toolchain conforms to it and our OS
  works when compiled with such a toolchain, we will organise a transition
  to that ABI instead.  The details of this transition will be worked out
  nearer the time.

Anyone want to disagree with this?

Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26           <URL:http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/acorn26/>