Subject: Re: pmap & ISADMA
To: Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 02/21/2002 15:11:55
On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:

> I agree Ben that handling a list might be a bit overkill and that a
> repeated function call might make more sense but how would you like to
> honour the freelist's ? i.e. a DMA-able, a non DMA-able, an ISA-memory
> mapped space etc.  ? thats what started this discussion in the first place.
> Isn't it wise to do that freelist management stuff inside the pmap code ?

Erm, why does the pmap need to handle this?  UVM has support for multiple
freelists (see the last argument to uvm_page_physload()), and when MI code
asks for a free page, it's UVM that decides which one to hand over.  If
you need a page from a particular freelist, uvm_pagealloc_strat() will
give you one.