Subject: Re: Recursive PT mapping strangeness?
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 02/05/2002 21:09:29
On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 07:44:27PM -0800, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

 > This says to me that the recursive PT mapping is somehow screwed up.
 >
 > Now, for recursive PT mappings to work properly, both the L1 and L2
 > descriptors must have the same format.  This is not generally the case
 > with ARM PTEs.

Yah, and after discussing this w/ Bill Sommerfeld, he set me straight
and I now have my head wrapped around the non-recursive PT mapping used
by the ARM pmap (sigh, I have been working on this code too long; my
eyes are starting to glaze over).

That still doesn't change my puzzlement with what's going on with the
mdpage change...