Subject: Re: Shark kernels no-longer boot
To: None <Richard.Earnshaw@arm.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 02/01/2002 11:09:50
On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 11:02:52AM +0000, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> Ok, so it's been a while since I tried to build a new kernel for my shark,
> so I'm not entirely sure when this problem might have started to happen.

I built one a while back, but I chose to get sys/arch/dnard working since
that seemed to be vaguely where things were going.  I managed, with not
too much work, to get a kernel that would boot from there with the a.out
toolchain, and which would at least compile with the new ELF toolchain
(but which can't be tested until we can boot ELF kernels on the shark).

I'll see if this still works later today, or if it fails in the same way
as sys/arch/arm32/conf/SHARK...

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...