Subject: Re: ARM ELF TODO list
To: Nick Hudson <skrll@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 01/28/2002 12:38:38
On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Nick Hudson wrote:

> On Tuesday 01 January 2002 1:42 pm, Ben Harris wrote:
> > Needed before any port changes to ELF:
> > * make system build with -fshort-enums. [bjh21]
> > * (gcc) check precise enum ABI, and implement it. [rearnsha]
>
> Any progress on this issue?

Basically, I've got a set of patches that make the system build, and
Richard has found out the current draft ABI.  The only question is whether
we implement it or not (see the recent "enums on ARM" thread), and there
are arguments both ways there.  rearnsha thinks we should follow ARM, tv
and I think we should follow other NetBSD ports and everyone else was more
interested in discussing the existence or otherwise of ILP64 Alphas.

Given the current impasse, I think we need someone in authority to make a
decision one way or the other.  Isn't this what <core@netbsd.org> are for?

> > * back-compat a.out ld.so binary
> I've done this.
> > * sysinst support for transition