Subject: Re: ARM ELF TODO list
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 11/26/2001 15:17:47
On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 11:06:38PM +0000, Chris Gilbert wrote:

 > Just had time to try that, happily sees it as a.out, but then dies, gets a
 > reset exception (not sure if it's the kernel or the firmware)

This is because BFD's ELF->a.out copy direction doens't work.  I've been
all through the code, and there are really several problems in there that
cause this to break, and no good solution.

 > Anyway I'll try to find out from simtec if there's another way to do this.

I suggest you find out from simtec if there are firmware I/O routines that
a standalone bootloader could use to do I/O to load the kernel.