Subject: Re: ARM exception handlers -- question
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 11/09/2001 16:45:06
On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 04:31:51PM +0000, Ben Harris wrote:
>
>  > How is it losing?  You don't seem to have told us that yet.
>
> Oh ... I seem to be in some sort of infinite fault loop.

Are you fixing up tf_pc when you catch the fault to skip over the faulting
instruction?  If you don't, you'll re-execute the faulting instruction
and hence go into a loop.

>  I can't
> help but wonder if I need to clear the abort in the fault handler,
> but the RedBoot and BlueCat Linux code for this board don't seem to
> do that...

That would seem very strange, since it would need the board to be able to
detect whether you'd returned from the fault handler (since aborts aren't
disabled the way interrupts are).