Subject: Re: ARM ELF TODO list
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 10/29/2001 15:18:08
On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Chris Gilbert wrote:

> On Monday 29 October 2001 10:04 am, Ben Harris wrote:
> > On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Chris Gilbert wrote:
> > > Actually has anyone got an ELF kernel for a CATS.  I'd like to try one
> > > out and see if it actually boots, or if we need to do the same thing
> > > that's needed on dnard, and ELF->a.out convertor (I think that's what's
> > > planned)
> >
> > I can probably run one up for you.
>
> Having tested the one you've run up the cats box just barfs, can't exec the
> image and returns to it's boot prompt.  Seems that cats also needs the
> elf->a.out thing.

Either that or (horror!) a Real Bootloader (which would, admittedly,
probably need converting to a.out itself).

I've done a simple ELF -> a.out conversion of that kernel which you might
like to try.  Same location but with .aout on the end.  FWIW, I used:

$ arm--netbsdelf-objcopy -O a.out-arm-netbsd -R .ident -R .sbss netbsd