Subject: Re: ARM ELF TODO list
To: Ben Harris , <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm
Date: 10/29/2001 09:03:49
On Monday 22 October 2001 11:04 pm, Ben Harris wrote:
> It's been two months since I last posted this.  I'm a little worried by
> the fact that nothing's been ticked off in that time.  I'd really like us
> to change to ELF soon, not least because that means we can get away with
> not making the new toolchain work on a.out.
>
> Needed before the changeover:
> * (gcc) Ensure 8-byte stack alignment on function entry [rearnsha]
> * (gcc) packed enums (should be trivial to implement in the compiler, but
>   I've heard rumours it might break openssh)
> * (asm sources) Ensure these preserve 8-byte stack alignment if not leaf
>   functions [chris]

I'll attempt to finish this off as best I can with the limited time I have
available (in fact it might be a welcome distraction from reality)

> Can probably wait:
> * (gdb) Make 5.0 work everywhere [bjh21]

As long as we've got a working gdb for normal programs?  I presume you're
referring to kernels etc?

Actually has anyone got an ELF kernel for a CATS.  I'd like to try one out
and see if it actually boots, or if we need to do the same thing that's
needed on dnard, and ELF->a.out convertor (I think that's what's planned)

Cheers,
Chris