Subject: ARM ELF TODO list
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 10/22/2001 23:04:08
It's been two months since I last posted this.  I'm a little worried by
the fact that nothing's been ticked off in that time.  I'd really like us
to change to ELF soon, not least because that means we can get away with
not making the new toolchain work on a.out.

Needed before the changeover:
* (gcc) Ensure 8-byte stack alignment on function entry [rearnsha]
* (gcc) packed enums (should be trivial to implement in the compiler, but
  I've heard rumours it might break openssh)
* (asm sources) Ensure these preserve 8-byte stack alignment if not leaf
  functions [chris]

Can probably wait:
* (gdb) Make 5.0 work everywhere [bjh21]