Subject: Re: New ARM port to the Integrator development board
To: None <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 10/22/2001 11:37:06

> >> If this is an evaluation board, it should go under evbarm/integrator.
>
> >Strictly speaking its a development board, but who's counting?
>
> >I'll see if I can merge the two together.
>
> I thought that the plan was to go for more ports instead of trying to
> merge the code for unrelated systems.
>
> Robert Swindells

Well it's certainly true that there won't be a GENERIC kernel that can
support both the existing evbarm code and the Integrator; I guess the
question is whether we really want to go to the extreme of having lots of
ports to evaluation/development boards lying around in the arch directory.

It's time for a judgement call...

R.