Subject: Re: ARM ELF TODO list
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 09/24/2001 10:52:40

> > > I presume that we also need to ensure that asm code that calls c funcs
> > > does this as well, I'm just looking for something I can do to help get
> > > ARM ELF ready for prime time.
> >
> > Yes.  If you can find any assembly functions that do this, they should be
> > fixed.
>
> Lots of them throughout the place need to be checked.  I'm happy to do this,
> yes I'm volunteering to check the .S files.  I'm not going to check toolchain
> dirs as I believe they're more the realm of those fiddling with toolchain
> stuff (and you need to have signed a gnu agreement etc etc)
>
> I'll start working through the list of obvious files to check (based on
> grepping for C_LABEL)

A cool thing to do would be to put in some sort of diagnostic that we
could enable once the toolchain is made to DTRT.  Some sort of test like

#ifdef CHECK_STACK_ALIGNMENT
	tst	sp, #7
	ldrne	r0, Lstack_align_panic
	blne	C_LABEL(panic)
#endif

This could be put in at almost any place where we can assert that the
stack must be aligned. (Which is only at function boundaries).

R.