Subject: [rara.rasputin@virgin.net: Losing Wince?]
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Rasputin <rara.rasputin@virgin.net>
List: port-arm
Date: 07/24/2001 16:27:10
Sorry if this is spamming left right n centre, I don't know
how many of these lists are inhabited...

A CC: of any replies would be lovely. Thanks.

----- Forwarded message from Rasputin <rara.rasputin@virgin.net> -----

From: Rasputin <rara.rasputin@virgin.net>
To: port-hpcarm@netbsd.org
Subject: Losing Wince?

Hi there, I was wondering if any of the smaller ports of NetBSD
(hpcmips, hpcarm and friends) allow you to do away with winCE altogether,
rather than booting the NetNSD kernel from WinCE?

Someone told me the StrongARM ROM was reprogrammable, so couldn't
these architectures overwrite wince with NetBSD?

I'm asking because I'd like as much RAM as possible to be free for use.
(rather than wasted storing wince, which I'd never use.)

Thanks for any tips.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
"Of course power tools and alcohol don't mix.  Everyone knows power
tools aren't soluble in alcohol ..."