Subject: Re: Shared library support for ARM ELF
To: None <Richard.Earnshaw@arm.com>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 07/16/2001 17:08:29
On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

> > Who's going to make sure that
> > that's the case?  [Is that something you'll do, Richard?]  What's left to
> > be done?
>
> Well, we certainly don't have stack alignment implemented yet.

Do you have any idea what happened to the version of ATPCS that mandated
this?  The ARM Web site still seems to be giving me A-05, which doesn't.

>  I think we
> sort of have VFP endian floats (Ben sort of hacked that up), but I haven't
> tried it against the full implementation I'm working on.

I'd be rather surprised if the compiler were getting anything wrong, since
that was just a case of flipping a single #define.  There may be bits of
libraries that assume FPA endianness, though.