Subject: Re: Shared library support for ARM ELF
To: None <Richard.Earnshaw@arm.com>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 07/16/2001 08:40:04
At 10:31 AM 7/16/2001 +0100, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
>We should be careful not to start distributing shared-library based ELF
>builds until we are certain that we have got the ABI of the compiler
>correct.

That is something I have no idea to verify.  Who's going to make sure that
that's the case?  [Is that something you'll do, Richard?]  What's left to
be done?

I've doing the compiling with:

private flags = 20: [APCS-32] [position independent]

But someone still needs to verify the .S are compatible with that.