Subject: Re: /usr/include/machine
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 07/13/2001 15:04:58
: Anyway my currently list of problems is:
: gnu/lib/libstc++/config - needs makefile tweaking to install _G_config.h in
: /usr/include/arm (I'm not to sure if that's the best place as currently arm26
: is built with 2.95.x and arm32 with the intree egcs, so they may differ?)

_G_config goes in <machine/_G_config.h> -- if it's going in arm/, I have to
assume that "machine" is pointing to "arm", which is wrong.  This whole
discussion of <arm/arm32/*> crap is quite bogus.

The proper layout of /usr/include here for arm32 machines should be:

machine -> $MACHINE (symlink)
arm (directory)
arm32 (directory)
dnard (directory)
cats (directory)
riscpc (directory)

And for arm26 machines should be:

machine -> arm26
arm (directory)
arm26 (directory)

This is consistent with many other ports that do CPU-type sharing, e.g.
mips.

Now, if you want all of the arm32 machines to share a kernel include
directory rather than all have a $MACHINE directory, that's simple:  change
the "machine" symlink from $MACHINE to arm32 and use that instead.  But
*only* if you know that they can all use the same sys/arch/arm32/include
directory for <machine/*>.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/