Subject: Re: /usr/include/machine
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: port-arm
Date: 07/13/2001 03:12:14
	Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com> said:

>> If everything worked fine, it was ok.
>> But the change breaks "make build" on even arm port.

> Not every.  arm32 still works.  Only the new ports are
> currently broke,

>> So, it should be backed out, at least until the problem is solved.
>> Shouldn't it?

> No.

This is where we disagree.
I think it may be ok to break ports for few days. (It is not really
ok, preciously. But all we are human, so we cannot be perferct.)

But new arm ports are broken for one month already, and the consensus
to fix the problem is still not made.
This is why I think the change should be backed out until the issue
is fixed.

Note that you can revive the change as soon as the problem is really
fixed. I also think that the way to solve the problem should be
reviewed on architecture independent mailing list, btw. Because
not only arm people, but also all we want the shared userland.
--
soda