Subject: Re: cpufunc.h
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: John Fremlin <vii@users.sourceforge.net>
List: port-arm
Date: 06/01/2001 13:53:47
Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org> writes:

> On 1 Jun 2001, John Fremlin wrote:
>
> > O dear. I'd like to point out once again that the NetBSD kernel is not
> > portable to gcc-2.95,
>
> It isn't?  NetBSD/arm26 certainly works happily with 2.95.3, and has
> worked with 2.95.2 and egcs-1.1.1 in the past (I've had no cause to
> test it lately).  The PR database doesn't appear to mention any
> problems building the kernel with 2.95, so if you know of some,
> please report them so we can get them fixed.

(1) The prototypes for memset etc are wrong or at least conflict with
the gcc builtins

(2) It wouldn't link, complaining about the absence of __gcc_main. I
really don't understand this one. I changed the name of "main" to
"kernel_main" and it worked after that. I had this discussion with
some netbsd people from tech-kern and they didn't understand it
either. I figured I'd report it when I came to merge the Psion port as
I'd have a lot of other things to report then as well ;-)

--

	http://ape.n3.net