Subject: Re: Map kernel as sections
To: John Fremlin , <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm
Date: 05/26/2001 22:17:32
On Saturday 26 May 2001  9:50 pm, John Fremlin wrote:
> Why is the kernel mapped as pages not as a section?

Because it's not an exact size, in theory we could use sections for the firxt
x MB's then use pages for the remaining part of the kernel, however currently
everything is rigged towards using 4K pages, to be honest it's not something
I've actually considered even though I'm playing with the pmap.  In theory we
could use different sized sections, 1MB, 64K, 4K and 1K as appropiate, but
that'd get very complex, and pmap is tricky enough as it is.

Cheers,
Chris