Subject: Things to work on
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org, port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm
Date: 05/24/2001 10:38:56
With it being a bank holiday this weekend (I think it's a bankholiday...) I'm
thinking of getting on and playing with the pmap.c, however I'm just
wondering if this is still needed and what features need to be allowed for?

Current list:
Has to be fast
Support the scheduler lock protocol (once I actually find out what that is)
Make it SMP safe (hard to test, but we should be in case someone ever does an
SMP based arm box)
Make L1 tables for processes dynamic, IE get rid of the 256 hard limit and
other static limits around the place.
Make use of pools where possible.
Be capable of doing some of the cleanup functionality.

Other suggestions.  (Note I'll be rummaging around other platform pmap's to
see how things are done)

I know that it'll take more than 3 days to really sort this out, but 3 days
is a good start even if I get bits horribly wrong :)

Cheers,
Chris