Subject: Re: Splitting of CATS from arm32 into arch/CATS
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org, port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm
Date: 05/23/2001 10:17:16
On Tuesday 22 May 2001 11:39 am, Chris Gilbert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Unless anyone has any objections I plan to start moving the CATS support
> into a seperate arch dir tonight.

Ok I've done that part.  Be aware that I've enabled a lot more of the USB
drivers in the CATS generic kernel.

Something this did raise is that we need to work out how to create releases
with the new arch dirs, as we'll end up with 5 or 6 kernels all called
GENERIC.

> I'll probably follow it up by moving the footbridge dir into
> arch/arm/footbridge (as it is arm specific)  In the process I'll create a
> files.footbridge for inclusion by files.cats and files.netwinder  (and
> files.ebsa285 eventually)

I should get to this tonight.

Also on my list of things I've noticed while doing this is to make our
in4_chksum use the asm chksum version we've got, as we're based on sparc's
cksum stuff I'll update us to match those changes.

Cheers,
Chris