Subject: Re: RISCServer 4200
To: None <port-arc@netbsd.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-arc
Date: 02/02/2004 02:17:41
In article <1D014CFE-54D7-11D8-A3AB-0003939563FA@zachlowry.net>
zach@zachlowry.net wrote:

> Which raises another question for me. Will an ARC machine correctly
> boot from a CD? I'm booting with this command:
> 	"cd:\netbsd.eco OSLOADOPTIONS=s"

Maybe your ARC BIOS has some proper aliases.
IIRC you could see it as environments in diag menu,
but I'm not sure. You can specify CD-ROM
scsi(0)cdrom([id])fdisk()partition()
or some thing, but please refer the ARC's document
for these device names.
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/Hardware/Machines/ARC/

> I think serial is working now, it's just my settings that are messed up.

Current NetBSD/arc doesn't support 4200,
i.e. it doesn't have 4200 specific code yet.
At first, you may have to add 4200 specific code in
sys/arch/arc/arc/platform.c etc. and have p_nec_r98.c like:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2002/11/30/0109.html

Note according to your arcdiag output, 4200 has 53c710 SCSI
which is also used in Express5800/230 (NEC-JC94),
so p_nec_r98.c should also have its own struct pica_dev
and an init function like p_nec_jc94.c.

Anyway, these change should be trivial.
---
Izumi Tsutsui