Subject: Re: CVS commit: syssrc/sys/arch/arc/conf
To: None <port-arc@netbsd.org>
From: M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
List: port-arc
Date: 12/04/2002 01:49:18
In message: <20021204081431.61642B42C@cvs.netbsd.org>
            Warner Losh <imp@netbsd.org> writes:
: Added Files:
: 	syssrc/sys/arch/arc/conf: RPC44
: Custom config file the the Deskstation rPC44 (aka ARCSTATION I and EPC44).
: Untested on target hardware, but compiles and links.

This still doesn't actually work on the rPC44.  However, I can now
test it with relative ease (surprisingly enough, the rPC understands
the CF flash parts that I've tried with it, making the issue of
testing a kernel much easier).

However, there are two problems.  First problem is that the magic
number should be 0407 not 0413 in order for the BIOS' run command to
be able to run the binary.  This is a fairly esoteric point because it
appears to load it as an OS loader w/o problems.  However, shortly
after we load the OS, we get a panic accessing either address
0x00000004 or addres 0x00a000a4[sic].  I'd have expected it to be
0x000a0000 or so since that's where the video RAM is (well, we really
should be accessing it via 0xa00a0000 because it should be treated, I
think, as uncached physical memory).

So we're a ways from having this machine actually work yet under
NetBSD.  I'll look into why soon.  It is good to be using this machine
again...

Warner