Subject: Re: Multiple Arc Madness
To: None <imp@bsdimp.com>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-arc
Date: 12/01/2002 03:54:07
In article <20021130.113149.65497724.imp@bsdimp.com>
imp@bsdimp.com wrote:

> : You can put ECOFF kernels into FAT partition on Windows NT 4.0.
> : That's the way I did when I was working on osiop SCSI support.
> : (and now I'm doing it to add support for Express5800/240 EISA R4400 ;-)
>
> Since it isn't running NT, that's a little hard to do :-(.

Hmm, couldn't you install NT on it?
When I didn't have NT for my arc, I used a floppy to boot kernels.
Shrinked kernel (without wscons and other unneeded devices/options)
could fit into one FAT floppy.

> : But most of them could not be shipped to overseas..
>
> Is this due to cost or something else?

I don't know why, but most of them are noted
"will not ship internationally." (Maybe due cost or trouble)
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp