Subject: Re: Multiple Arc Madness
To: None <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
List: port-arc
Date: 11/30/2002 11:31:49
In message: <200211301803.gAUI38719609@mirage.ceres.dti.ne.jp>
            Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp> writes:
: In article <20021129.180055.104033319.imp@bsdimp.com>
: imp@bsdimp.com wrote:
:
: > I have a rPC44, but I got it years ago at a hardware company
: > liquidation and haven't seen another one since then.  One thing that
: > makes it hard to develop for is that I have to swap had disks to test
: > kernels because mkisofs doesn't create a iso image that the boot roms
: > like :-(.
:
: You can put ECOFF kernels into FAT partition on Windows NT 4.0.
: That's the way I did when I was working on osiop SCSI support.
: (and now I'm doing it to add support for Express5800/240 EISA R4400 ;-)

Since it isn't running NT, that's a little hard to do :-(.  The IDE
controller/bios don't like compact flash either.  I have purchased a
removable drive kit and am using that when I get time to test
kernels.  That works almost as well...

: > I sometimes see the Tyne boards appear on ebay, as well as the Magnum
: > 4000.
:
: But most of them could not be shipped to overseas..

Is this due to cost or something else?  My rPC44 motherboard could fit
into an AT case that has enough space for it, so if a rPC44 was found
on ebay, then all one would need to ship would be the motherboard,
which wouldn't be all that expensive....

Warner