Subject: Re: Floppy
To: None <soda@sra.co.jp>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-arc
Date: 05/20/2001 00:47:10
In <200105191530.AAA02052@srapc342.sra.co.jp>
soda@sra.co.jp wrote:

> > BTW, was arc fd driver working in any previous versions?
>
> It did work, at least when NetBSD changed timeout(9) to callout(9),
> on both PICA-61 and Microsoft-Jazz (there was a bug about the change,
> and the bug was fixed). I have not checked it with -current source,
> though.

Hmm, I've re-written arc fd.c like ISA fd (bus_space'fy,
split jazz/fd.c into fd.c and fdc_jazzio.c etc.), but
it still gets data_overruns.

I guess the problem is DMA setting. If I set R4030_DMA_MODE_320NS
for the mode register instead of 160NS, only one sector can be read,
but overrun still occurs. (Newer machines require different values?)
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp