Subject: Re: Just Checking
To: None <port-arc@netbsd.org>
From: Ross Alexander <rossalexander@home.com>
List: port-arc
Date: 03/25/2001 18:21:09
* bob meader <bob@cci.net>:
> Ross Alexander wrote:
>
>> Just finished the install on my RISCserver Express. It went very
>> smoothly.
>
> Great news! I was getting worried when the first response (from Matt)
> was the kernel scanning the scsi bus.
>
> Just curious did the automated install work Ok or
> did you have to exit 'install' and make the filesystems
> manually from command line ? I'll fall out
> of my chair if you say 'install' worked ok as the
> coding is a complete guess on my part.

Hang onto your chair.
The only problem I ran into with 'install' was I had to go back into
disklabel after I was done, so I could add the system partition and
copy netbsd.eco to it.
I chose the "Custom" option instead of "Standard" everywhere.
I didn't install games or compiler tools or X.
I did change the cdrom installset directory to "/"

--
Ross Alexander
rossalexander@home.com