Subject: Re: Installation question - Was: Help -- Re: Followup on Video now works RiscServer 2200
To: None <port-arc@netbsd.org>
From: William Yodlowsky <wyodlows@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
List: port-arc
Date: 03/22/2001 10:32:30
On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 12:43:53AM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <20010320160641.E17068@andromeda.rutgers.edu> William Yodlowsky writes:
> : Moving on... I burned a CD with the arcdiag program (which worked), and
> : the various current and release kernels, in both ecoff format and not.
>
> This should work.
>
> : None of them will boot from the CD, it gives a general "file not found"

I was vague in my wording of that mail, sorry--I didn't mean that the
machine wouldn't boot off the CD, but rather it wouldn't boot any of the
above-mentioned kernels off the CD ("Run a program...").  They all gave the
same error--"file not found", even though I know they're there.

I intend to try netbooting and/or doing what you suggest below this
weekend.

> Your best bet is to create a DOS file system to mess around.  Ideally,
> you'd have some removable media that you can swap between machines.  I
> have a horrible system (involving a aha1460 card, ungainly encloses
> and lots of swapping) that I don't recommend.

Thanks!