Subject: Help -- Re: Followup on Video now works RiscServer 2200
To: bob meader <bob@cci.net>
From: None <qiwen@glue.phys.washington.edu>
List: port-arc
Date: 03/17/2001 14:18:04
Well, I downloaded the files off your site and begin to install it today.
I was able to execute the floppy version or the standard version from the
harddrive I loaded from another system.  I only have one scsi harddrive,
about 800MB.  The harddrive was completly format as FAT with two parmerly
partitions, they are about 300MB each.  I left about 200MB unformated,
Then I loaded the netbsd.coeff from your site on the harddrive.

Anyway, in either floppy version or the standard version I run.  I got to
this point and it error out with the prompts.

However, I was having some trouble at the point it prompt for

root device (default sda0a):
dump device (default sd0b):
file system (default generic):
root on sd0a dumps on sd0b sd0:
no disk label no file
system for sd0 (dev 0x0)
cannot mount root, error = 79

I left everything as default, the error I got was above.  How do I
resolve this problem.

Thanks

p.s. I don't know a whole lot about this NEC system.  Would like to get
more documentation and detail infor in it.