Subject: Re: nec R2200 video support?
To: Shuichiro URATA <ur@a-r.org>
From: bob meader <bob@cci.net>
List: port-arc
Date: 02/19/2001 09:19:47
Shuichiro URATA wrote:

> I have RISCserver 2200 too. (and in seattle area too.)
> Actually R2200 onboard video is standard VGA (CL-GD5428) on EISA bus.
> You can see vga registers at 0x3XX on EISA I/O space.

If the information above is true making the changes below  to consinit()
in arc/arc/machdep.cshould cause the display to light up,HOWEVERI
remember trying this a year ago and it didn't work. (Maybe something
else was broken so it wasn't a valid test)

========== new machdep.c==========================
  case NEC_R96:
#if NVGA_ISA > 0 > 0
                        if (vga_isa_cnattach(&arc_bus_io, &arc_bus_mem)
== 0) {
#if NPCKBC_JAZZIO > 0
                                pckbc_cnattach(&pica_bus, PICA_SYS_KBD,
                                    JAZZIO_KBCMDP, PCKBC_KBD_SLOT);
#endif
                                return;
                        }
#endif
  break;

============== original machdep.c ====================

                case NEC_R96:
                        /* XXX - some machines have jazz, and others have
vga */
#if NPC_PICA > 0
                        pccnattach();
                        return;